Thursday, December 6, 2007

An Introduction of Sorts...

To start, let me say that this is my first blog.

My family and friends have, for a long time now, said I should start something like this. A place to put my thoughts about my home team and talk about hockey in general. I'm not saying this is going to be strictly a leafs blog, but the majority of the posts here will be about the boys in blue and white. I thought the name might give it away...but you never know, so I thought I'd settle any doubts.

I have in fact only been a fan of hockey for a short 7 years. No that's not a long time to be a fan, but I'd say that I've become a pretty die hard fan, hardly missing a game if I can help it. I'll tell you the story. My dad is european and so my family more or less revolved around football (otherwise known as soccer here), hockey hardly being mentioned. I guess you could say I never got the opportunity to like it. For whatever reason when I was in grade 7 I just started liking hockey, it was like a light switch. I actually don't even remember how it happened. My best friend at the time played and she was a goalie so I went to her games, maybe that had something to do with it.

I shocked my dad when I started watching hockey just about every chance I got and since then, like I said before, I hardly ever miss a game. Sure life happens, sometimes I have to work or go out and I can't watch, but usually you can't tear me away. Win or lose, I am a leafs fan to the end. Call me a masochist I guess.

Well the leafs are on and after the game I promise to post something slightly more hockey related. ^.^

No comments: